Alamo Colleges District Associate Vice Chancellor for Continuing Education
Alamo Colleges District
Associate Vice Chancellor for Continuing Education
Alamo Colleges District is seeking qualified candidates for the Associate Vice Chancellor for Continuing Education.
If interested in the position, you must apply on-line to receive full consideration.
To learn more, please visit our jobs page at https://alamo.edu/jobs and search for req5130 under Staff Jobs
- Leads planning and delivery of continuing education programs across the ACD. Oversees operations, marketing & assessment, sales and instruction. Ensures portfolio of activities delivers high-value results to industry and community customers.
- Manages budgeting activities for design, marketing and sales and delivery of programs. Determines investment and staffing needs to create and maintain programs. Evaluates programs to determine strategic fit and viability. Eliminates programs that do not provide required outcomes in a cost-efficient manner.
- Assists the Vice Chancellor with development and execution of initiatives, strategies, and programs related to continuing education at all colleges, including outreach and new programs, coordination and alignment, development and review of pertinent policies and procedures, improving cross-college operational efficiencies and sharing best practices and models.
- Coordinates response to internal and external audits of programs and processes.
- May represent the ACD and the Chancellor on national, state, and local workforce committees and organizations. May serve as the district’s liaison to area economic development initiatives and organizations.
- Works with colleges, program and business advisory committees to create, modify and improve priority professional and technical education and certification programs. Ensures customer feedback is gathered appropriately and actions are taken to enhance customer satisfaction.
- Supervises, selects, trains, monitors, coaches, and evaluates the work of others. Maintains and processes employment related documents such as time sheets and leave forms.
Minimum education and experience:
- Master’s degree in education, business or related field or a combination of relevant experience, education and training that equates to the required degree; Doctorate preferred.
- Seven years of experience leading large, complex continuing education processes and programs.
Licenses and Certifications:
- Must have and maintain a valid Texas driver license. Must be insurable through the organization’s insurers. Prefer National Association of Workforce Development Professionals certification (CWDP). Prefer project management certificate.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of DOL, THECB and AWS local workforce education laws and regulations.
- Knowledge of continuing education credit and non-credit delivery systems.
- Knowledge of THECB program approval, reporting and compliance systems.
- Knowledge of higher education budget management and administration.
- Knowledge of education program planning, implementation and monitoring best practices.
- Skill in strategic planning and quality management, leadership and negotiation.
- Skill in analyzing, problem solving and issue resolution.
- Ability to manage large, diverse groups.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing in a variety of forums.
- Some travel may be required.
The Alamo Colleges District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, creed, national origin (including ancestry), citizenship status, physical or mental disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, transgender status, gender identity, gender expression, veteran or military status (including special disabled veteran, Vietnam-era veteran, or recently separated veteran), predisposing genetic characteristics, domestic violence victim status, any other protected category with respect to access, employment programs, or services.