Raising & Inspiring Successful Entrepreneurs- R.I.S.E.
The R.I.S.E. Workbook is easy to use for parents/families/community organizations and elementary school kids, bilingual, and FREE! With R.I.S.E., we hope that both children and adults can learn life skills that will help them prepare for the 21st century mindset and help them prepare for the workforce. R.I.S.E. encompasses the entrepreneurial mindset that more employers are looking for and more schools are trying to incorporate into lessons because it has proven to help children recognize opportunities, solve problems, resolve conflict better, manage risk, and be more optimistic.
What are the 13 core concepts covered throughout the course?
The 13 core concepts are called the VentureLab Mindsets© and consist of the following:
- PERSISTENCE AND GRIT: Learn to work through failure in order to create solutions for the problems
- FAILURE IS OK: Redefine failure as an opportunity and launchpad for next discovery
- COURAGE: Recognize you can do great things by stepping out of comfort zone(s)
- OPPORTUNITY-SEEKING: Be an active observer and identify ways to add value, innovate, or solve a problem
- CREATIVITY: Approach problems from different perspectives and stay open minded
- CURIOSITY: Ask “what if” and “why” and seek new ways of learning and doing
- RESOURCEFULNESS: Develop quick and clever ways to overcome challenges
- PROBLEM-SOLVING: Be an active doer that develops creative solutions to problems
- OPTIMISM: Be confident and hopeful in your ability to innovate and your potential for making an impact
- EMPATHY: Think about other people’s needs and feelings when solving a problem
- ADAPTABILITY: Make smart changes when challenges arise without losing heart or giving up
- GROWTH MINDSET: Learn and achieve anything – stretch and sharpen your mind!
- FINANCIAL LITERACY: Basics in money management and wealth building
How can I access the R.I.S.E. Curriculum? – Click Here!
How much does the R.I.S.E. Curriculum cost? – RISE is FREE for use.
What will my child learn through R.I.S.E.? – Each chapter in the RISE workbook is a short lesson surrounding one of the entrepreneurial concepts described above and is coupled with a hands-on activity to complete. At the end of the workbook, we hope you will have a more well-rounded child with a cursory understanding of the entrepreneurial mindset.
Who wrote the content for R.I.S.E.?
The San Antonio Hispanic Chamber of Commerce contracted VentureLab, a non-profit organization with experience in school-based entrepreneurship curriculum to used their knowledge and re-imagine their academic lessons into an easy to understand, activity-based workbook. This partnership is aimed at imparting the essence of entrepreneurial learning for families in our communities.
Download the following PDF for Tips to assist you throughout the workbook.
What is RISE? –
The R.I.S.E. (Raising & Inspiring Successful Entrepreneurs) Workbook features 60 activities that can be done over the course of a year with an elementary aged child and is created around thirteen key concepts in entrepreneurial thinking: PERSISTENCE AND GRIT, EMBRACING FAILURE, COURAGE, OPPORTUNITY-SEEKING, CREATIVITY, CURIOSITY, RESOURCEFULNESS, PROBLEM-SOLVING, OPTIMISM, EMPATHY, ADAPTABILITY, FINANCIAL LITERACY, and an overall GROWTH MINDSET. The 13 core concepts are called the VentureLab Mindsets©
How can I access the R.I.S.E. Curriculum? – Click here to access the PDF of the R.I.S.E. Workbook.
How can I access the R.I.S.E. Spanish version? – Click here to access the Spanish PDF of the R.I.S.E. Workbook
How much does the R.I.S.E. Curriculum cost? – R.I.S.E. is FREE for use.
What will my child learn through RISE? – R.I.S.E. is a 60 activity workbook that allows parents and students to focus on 13 core concepts of the entrepreneurial mindset. Each week has a a short lesson surrounding one of the concepts and is coupled with a hands on activity to complete. At the end of the curriculum you will have a more well rounded understanding of the entrepreneurial mindset.
Who wrote the content for RISE?
VentureLab a non-profit organization dedicated to helping create the next generation of innovators and changemakers through entrepreneurial learning!
Who can access it?
Anyone can access the curriculum! R.I.S.E. booklets are free to download here.
Who can I contact if I have any questions? Please send us an email VictoriaS@sahcc.org
Are you a non-profit organization interested in receiving booklets?
Please fill out the form below to apply for a grant to request free booklets for your organization.
Requests for R.I.S.E. booklets are at a first come, first serve basis. There are a limited amount of free booklets available. Limit of 30 upon request. If you have any questions, please contact us at VictoriaS@sahcc.org
R.I.S.E. and Awesome SA Partnership - KENS5 Feature
R.I.S.E. has partnered with Awesome SA to give San Antonio youth the opportunity to share their “awesome” ideas for a chance to win money! For more information, visit the KENS5 website.