JOB OBJECTIVE: Lead and coordinate regional stakeholder and community relations in the Eagle Ford Basin and South Texas areas for the Texas Oil and Gas Association and its regional arm the South Texas Energy and Economic Roundtable (STEER). Work in close coordination with Association personnel, member companies and industry organizations. Responsible for the develop and implement of a stakeholder/community relations outreach plan for the region with the purpose of furthering the goals and objectives of the Association. Provide information and counsel to TXOGA and STEER.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work in close collaboration with the Association’s executive management to develop a regional program which promotes and fosters the Association’s Advocacy, Communication, and Operations goals and objectives.
- Create a strategy and assessment mechanism for developing and maintaining relationships with member and potential member companies, personnel and management to assist and inform the Association’s Communications and Operations efforts in the region.
- Establish and foster relationships with local and state officials in the regions to assist and inform the Association’s Advocacy efforts in the regional area.
- Create, oversee and implement a stakeholder relations outreach plan for the region including emerging areas of operations.
- Monitor local issues/concerns in order to mitigate potential risk to business operations.
- Act as a community ambassador for the Association and industry in the region.
- Represent the Association/STEER at meetings and events throughout the region
- Assist in the advancement of the Association’s regional efforts and particularly with the new addition of the South Texas Energy and Economic Roundtable (STEER) to the Association. Work directly with the STEER President and the Association to meet the particular needs of the members and the communities in this area.
- Work with the existing local STEER committee structure to ensure local issues are being addressed and with the TXOGA committee structure as appropriate.
- Develop agendas and lead regional committee meetings with member company representatives as assigned.
- Participate in state or national industry organizations as appropriate.
- Assist with the TXOGA PAC as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.Location
- This position will be in or near the Eagle Ford Basin and South Texas area. Applicant should reside or be willing to relocate in the specified area. The following counties are included: Atascosa, Bee, DeWitt, Dimmit, Frio, Gonzales, Karnes, La Salle, Live Oak, Maverick, McMullen, Webb, Wilson, and Zavala. Other counties in close proximity may be considered.
- Regional directors are expected to be able to live and work in the region that is their primary area of responsibility, and travel to counties and areas assigned to that region. Additional travel to other parts of the state, to Austin, and to out of state events will be required from time to time.
- Required and reasonable travel expenses will be reimbursed according to TXOGA’s reimbursement policy.
- All employees are expected to have and use their own reliable transportation.
- Generally, it is anticipated regional directors will work from a home office unless donated space is available or warranted.
- TXOGA will reimburse or purchase all required and reasonable office supplies and equipment and appropriate reoccurring expenses.
- Regional personnel will work closely with TXOGA to ensure appropriate office needs are met.
- Graduation from a four–year college or university with major coursework in a field relevant to the industry or position.
- At least five years of relevant employment in community relations, advocacy, communications or the oil and gas industry.
- Basic understanding of the oil and gas industry
- Community and/or media relations experience
- Familiar with software systems like Meltwater, NationBuilder, Phone2Action, WordPress
- Basic knowledge of the oil and gas industry and its regulatory agencies
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Basic understanding of local, state and federal legislative and regulatory processes
- Ability to work quickly under deadlines
- Ability to motivate internal and external individuals and work well in a team-centric environment.
- Ability to visualize long-term goals and develop short-term objectives to meet those goals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Self-motivated and ability to work proactively to meet goals and objective.
- Competitive pay and benefits package including but not limited to employer contribution to 401k plan, health, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Salary commensurate with experience
How to Apply
- Please email your resume and cover letter to HR@txoga.org.