Texas A&M University – San Antonio
Office Of University Advancement and External Relations
Proposed Minimum Salary
San Antonio, Texas
Reporting to the Vice President of University Advancement, the Executive Director of Integrated Marketing and Communications leads a team focused on the development, implementation and assessment of marketing and brand strategies to enhance institutional reputation, priorities and key areas of an institution-wide brand and marketing strategy including admissions and advancement. Working closely with the Vice President, institutional partners and the University’s Marketing and Communications leadership team, the Executive Director leads a creative, technology-savvy, metrics- driven and progressive team responsible dedicated to serving the institution’s interests and diverse external and internal audiences including influencers.
Direct reports include creative services team comprised of designers, content producers, digital producers, photography, web and marketing project managers, student employers and contractors. Demonstrates and inspires a team-building work environment, motivates staff and cultivates productive relationships across the University to innovate, collaborate, and reach and exceed goals.Oversees the institution’s paid advertising strategies, leading the team through concept, messaging, and development of campaigns that reinforce the University’s goals while building brand awareness and affinity with key audiences to influence brand equity, admissions and advancement priorities.
- Collaborates with Admissions, Enrollment Management, Advancement and Information Technology to ensure consistent and high availability of infrastructure supporting essential web-based communications applications and with emergency management to develop communications plans.
- Directs the development, implementation and assessment of integrated marketing and communications campaigns including creative and messaging across multiple platforms including digital with an outcomes focused strategy designed to influence diverse audiences and influencers.
- Leads a team of creative in-house and external resources to consistently provide high quality, effective strategies and deliverables to support institutional priorities, in-house clients and initiatives.
- Oversees project teams and external resources ensuring clarity of overall University positioning to meet institutional goals through digital literacy, proficiency in project-management software tools, and willingness and ability to keep abreast of the emerging marketing and communications technology.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, public relations, journalism, mass communications or related field with Master’s degree desirable.
- 10+ years of professional experience including direct marketing and/communications, 6+ years of supervisory experience with direct reports and change management experience; demonstrated experience in recommending and making administrative decisions, providing effective counsel on marketing and communications.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong understanding and proven record of brand development and multi-channel marketing concepts.
- In-depth understanding of strategically sound design concepts and best practices in a variety of media.
- Proven ability to develop strategic ideas and transform those ideas using conceptual writing and art direction in measurable and metrics-driven branding campaigns designed to meet established goals.
- Effective interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate and work effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and work effectively with a wide variety of people across multiple units and contractors to develop strategies, maintain quality within budget and the effective use of resources to achieve goals.
- Ability to demonstrate tact and diplomacy and manage confidential or sensitive information and issues responsibly.
- Commitment to and experience with promoting and enhancing diversity, inclusivity and equity.
Please make sure to provide the following documents:
2) Cover Letter to include three professional references
For detailed instructions on how to apply for any positions on our website, please use the following link:
Summary of Employee Benefits