Member Service Representatives develop and maintain positive financial relationships with members and potential members while providing excellent service. This role assists members in-person and by phone with their banking needs, including opening new accounts, submitting and processing loan applications, responding to questions and problems, executing a variety of financial transactions, involving cash and other negotiable instruments, financial education and providing members the appropriate products and solutions to meet their needs.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Assisting members with their credit union products and services including problem resolving and educating members on how to improve their financial well-being.
- Conducts a high quality loan interview to obtain in depth knowledge of member’s financial picture by reviewing the member’s credit report and providing guidance.
- Processes member financial transactions, sells and negotiates monetary instruments as directed and maintains specialized accounts and services.
- Handles incoming and outgoing member contact by phone in a timely manner. Supports marketing initiatives. Makes outbound calls to existing members.
- Accurately prepares necessary documents and archives them correctly and safely.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Experience: 1 – 3 years of similar or related experience. Bilingual proficiency in English and Spanish required.
- Education: High school education or GED equivalent.
- Interpersonal Skills: A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required. Fosters trusting relationship with members.
- Other Skills: Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment. Detail oriented. Professional telephone demeanor and ability to perform with minimum supervision.
For more information or to apply, visit: rivercityfcu.org/careers