To sell and market memberships to the San Antonio Hispanic Chamber of Commerce (SAHCC) and provide excellent member services to all new and existing members. The Membership Specialist position serves as a representative of (SAHCC) in the community. This position will also support the entire department with outstanding customer service to all prospective, new and existing members. The Membership Specialist position maintains and supports a positive atmosphere that welcomes all members of the organization.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Highly knowledge about the SAHCC and our services to be confident in new membership meetings and prospective calls
- Recruit new members to the SAHCC, maintain a minimum monthly sales quota
- Maintain accurate and updated records of prospects on weekly basis utilizing membership database
- Develop an ongoing list of prospective members to recruit to the chamber
- Assist with coordination of all activities for Embajadores Committee, including scheduling of ribbon cutting ceremonies and monthly Coffee with the Chamber events
- Encourage active participation with newly signed members, including soliciting their attendance at Hispanic Chamber programs and events
- Ensure members’ expectations are managed within a timed deadline to build on members trust and ensure member is satisfied
- Attend and assist with SAHCC functions/events as requested, including coordination of member services display table or booth
- Attend events hosted by partner organizations to identify prospects for membership
- Attend and assist with regular SAHCC events throughout the year
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Upon completion of initial 30-day training period, the Membership Specialist is required to meet their minimum monthly sales quota. Failure to do so in three consecutive months will result in disciplinary action, including write-up and/or termination.
- Employee is subject to 90-day probationary period.
- Minimum of two-three years’ experience in sales/ customer service, or guest relations
- Equivalent education and experience may be considered
- Demonstrated history of administrative skills and experience working with CRM systems such as Sales Force and/or something equivalent
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications with excellent skills in Word and Excel
- Experience in customer service with an amazing attitude
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Adaptability and open to exploring new engagement channels
- Self-motivated and able to perform under pressure
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Proactiveness and takes ownership and initiative of anticipated tasks
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work efficiently while managing multiple projects/tasks/systems simultaneously
- Ability to develop some creative content is recommended
- Spanish-speaking skills recommended
SALARY: Pay and benefits commensurate with qualifications.