San Antonio Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
Job Description: Vice President of Small Business Advocacy
Reports to: Chief Operations Officer, and President & CEO
Number of Positions: 1
Grant Funded: No
FLSA Status: Exempt
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Allotment: Full-Time, 40 hours per week plus some after-hours events
The San Antonio Hispanic Chamber of Commerce is San Antonio’s leading resource and advocate for Hispanic businesses, Hispanics in business, and provides premiere access to the Hispanic market. This position leads the efforts in the targeted areas of small business advocacy, technical assistance for small business members, strategic development for the San Antonio small, minority, women-owned business community and the economic development efforts for the San Antonio Hispanic Chamber of Commerce. The Associate Vice President for Small Business works under the direct supervision of the Vice President of Policy and Business Advocacy, Chief Operations Officer, and the President & CEO.
- Works in partnership with other staff to ensure integration of programs and effective use of resources.
- Works closely with stakeholders in targeted areas to engage them to work with the Hispanic Chamber and carry out the mission of the organization and programs.
- Represents the Hispanic Chamber in community efforts and events related to small business, procurement/contracting, technical assistance/advocacy, economic development, and business development as directed.
- Directs all small business and economic development efforts for the Hispanic Chamber including but not limited to, contracting measures with public entities, coordination of efforts for business members to leverage contracting and technical assistance, and maintains relationships with groups who impact and expand small business revenue growth.
- Assists in the areas of grant development, funding streams, and the identification of new partnership/funding opportunities to grow our respective programs.
- Assists in the research, creation, and distribution of all small business and economic development related initiatives.
- Asses potential areas of growth for business members through innovative efforts and economic development, and including strategic partnerships.
- Conducts research on contracting/business opportunities and issues impacting San Antonio and the Hispanic Chamber’s respective constituencies.
- Manages all communication, planning, and constituent work related to departmental committee functionality.
- Maintains accurate records for committees, department contacts, and any other data sets as required or assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisors.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be able to establish, engage, and communicate effectively with stakeholders, community leaders and policy officials.
- Must have good communication skills both oral and written, with strong proofreading skills.
- Must have understanding of program components in order to meet organizational and program goals and guidelines, using reportable metrics.
- Must be able to analyze and synthesize information and perform evaluations on activities with minimal assistance and be able to report out on the information.
- Demonstrates ability to work effectively as a team member and to work independently of others.
- Must be able to convey information, guidance and work directions, instilling a sense of mission, service, cooperation, and collaboration with staff and partners within assigned work areas.
- Must be able to think critically and ask critical questions to ensure the success of program goals and outcomes.
- Must be knowledgeable and have experience working with small business needs, economic development, business development, government and private contracting opportunities, and demonstrated small business technical assistance.
- Must have experience in research, data analysis, and project management skills.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of ten pounds in the working setting.
- Knowledge and understanding of community programs, resources, advocacy, and requirements (i.e. trainings, microlenders, process for businesses to become certified by SCTRCA, etc.)
- Have the ability to speak publicly on behalf of the organization in order to carry out the goals and engage people to work with the Hispanic Chamber on small business and economic development issues and other related efforts.
- Experience in small business technical assistance and relationship management preferred.
- Must be able to juggle multiple deadlines, be great at follow-up and follow-through, and be organized in managing requests from many members at once.
- Must be detail-oriented and good at time management.
- Expert-level fluency in reading, writing, and speaking publicly in English required.
- Fluency in reading, writing, and speaking publicly in Spanish preferred.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related area or 3-5 years’ experience in related field.
- Cultural competencies with regard to the population of San Antonio is strongly preferred.
- Computer literacy and proficiency in spreadsheet, database, presentation, and word processing software required. Microsoft Office, Adobe Suite, other data management systems.
- Ability to write and report information clearly and effectively.
Materials Required for Application
- Cover letter addressing required qualifications of position
- Names and contact information for three work references
Materials submitted via E-MAIL ONLY to Brandon Petrosky at email@example.com