Position: Director of Marketing & Communications, San Antonio Hispanic Chamber of Commerce (SAHCC)
Reports to: President/ Chief Executive Officer
FUNCTIONS: This energetic, creative, and self-motivated professional helps develop, implement, and manage all communications strategies to support the SAHCC’s mission, pillars and goals. This person must be a self-starter and possess a strong work ethic. Duties include overseeing and executing all SAHCC’s functions in the areas of public relations, media relations, social media, marketing, website content, and all other communications efforts to support members, the Board of Directors, the Marketing and Communications Committee and the President/CEO. This person must possess the necessary vision to elevate the SAHCC’ name recognition and brand as the leading and premier business advocate at the local, state, and national levels.
Will be responsible for the following to include but not limited to:
- Writes, edits, and publishes all San Antonio Hispanic Chamber of Commerce e-blasts and publications including the weekly newsletters, member highlights, and sends daily e-blasts promoting various events and programs
- Places media buys for ads for special events and programs
- Responsible for distribution of all collateral materials, and develop signage and printed materials, as needed
- Attends and assists with the planning and promoting of special events including virtual events
- Leads and executes SAHCC VOICES podcast, coordinates interviews, promotes and uploads files
- Supports the Membership Team’s mission of recruiting, retaining and supporting members
- Executes marketing campaigns to inform the public of the benefits of becoming a Chamber member
- Assists with the development of the marketing campaign to promote the Chamber’s brand
- Assists with the development and execution of digital strategies across all relevant platforms, including managing social media, digital marketing, and multimedia content
- Utilize Adobe Creative Suite and/or CANVA to design promotional pieces for digital print and social
- Basic photo skills for photo documentation
- Manages and monitors all social media platforms including daily posts, public engagement, ad buys, and campaign strategy
- Responsible for keeping adequate supply for various external communications, all membership marketing materials and correspondences i.e., letterheads, envelopes, thank you cards, FYI cards, note pads, member plaques, corporate member plaques, Fiesta medals, gifts, SAHCC folders, pens, and gift bags
- Writes news releases and ensures distribution and proper coverage from media outlets and tracks coverage
- Coordinates news conferences and other public relations activities; works with media and pitches stories and events
- Coordinates photography for all Hispanic Chamber functions. Maintains all photography files- downloads and uploads all files, board photo files, and Hispanic Chamber historical files and archives with the UTSA Archival Department
- Assists with Board presentations and delivers slide presentations of program and event pictures at every Board meeting
- Establishes and maintains Public Relations guidelines and PR training programs for board members, staff, and members
- Develops media contact lists and cultivates relationships with reporters; generates media placement; and proactively and consistently works with national, state, and local press to brand and promote SAHCC events, membership, and programs
- Coordinates media interviews for Chairman and President & CEO
- Manages the strategy and content of the website and facilitates changes when needed
- Ensures the Chamber website meets branding, editorial and graphic quality, consistency and adheres to best practices involving site architecture, navigation, process flows, page-level interactions, functionalities, usability and accessibility.
- Facilitates and leads Communications/Marketing monthly committee meetings
- Supervises use and maintenance of all audio devices and visual cameras
- Maintains Communications budget (invoicing, billing)
- Prospects research for support (both monetary and in-kind) from foundations and corporations Produces Annual Report
- Attends events, seminars, and board meetings
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills A bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications, marketing or other relevant field required. 3-5 years of relevant work experience
- Ability to work effectively with diverse interest groups and maintain effective and productive working relationships with the media, community organizations, partners and stakeholders, and elected officials.
- Knowledge of community organizations and media outlets in the region.
- Ability to gather and process information and develop reports, publications, support materials, etc.
- Experience with pitching media stories, working with media and ability to write for all audiences, to include media, online, field, legislators and general public.
- Knowledge of social media trends, utility and capacity Ability to set priorities, time management and work both independently and as part of a team
- Flexible and open to change
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail–Proficient use of Microsoft products including Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Strong computer skills, database management, and working knowledge of Adobe Software, including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, WordPress, Hootsuite
- Bilingual is preferred
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline to apply is Friday, July 10 at 5pm.