Department: External Affairs
Position: Director of Policy & Business Advocacy
Reports to: President & CEO
Responsible for the planning, management and advocacy coordination of the Government Affairs Committee of the San Antonio Hispanic Chamber of Commerce. Provide leadership and initiative in the development and execution of plans and programs that correspond with the Chamber’s goals and related government affairs, small business and international committees. Responsible for the planning, management and facilitation of the Chamber’s international relations and initiatives, including trade missions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops the Chamber’s legislative agenda through the coordination of membership focus groups, committee, board and CEO
- Works with elected officials on local, county, state, and federal levels to promote the mission, goals and objectives of the Hispanic Chamber.
- Controls and manages the operation of the department’s approved annual budget as directed by
- Ensures that the meetings of the Government Affairs Committee and other committee to produce meaningful results, through the careful planning of agendas, thorough briefing of chairs and senior staff, supervising physical arrangements for meetings, and recording of minutes for all
- Represents and testifies at local, county, state, and federal levels regarding advocacy issues that our organization has taken a position on, including the development of any supporting white pages, legislative agendas,
- Provides proper notice for all meetings, including two (2) week notice for committee meetings, one (1) week reminder, and follow up with minutes within one (1)
- Supports fundraising efforts related to legislative and international events/programs.
- Complies with all policies as stated in the San Antonio Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Policy
- Writes monthly and annual department performance reports, including requested content for communications
- Serves as the staff liaison for the International Committee and Small Business Committee.
- Leads the SAHCC efforts in all International Trade Missions (to include Mexico, Spain, and any other trips) including assisting the Chief of Staff in the logistics, travel, and recruiting participants and
- Represents the SAHCC when international visitors come to San Antonio, including delegations organized by the City of San Antonio, Bexar County, and other Attends meetings and receptions with these dignitaries and delegations as necessary, including speaking roles.
- Performs other duties as assigned