SAN ANTONIO HISPANIC CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
Position: Office Manager and Board Liaison
Job Type: Full-Time
Reports to: President & CEO and Chief Operations Officer
The Office Manager and Board Liaison handles a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks. The position requires excellent organizational skills, multi-tasking, a high performing, dependable work ethic, and exemplary customer service ability. He or she works independently with little or no supervision and requires handling several administrative challenges with professionalism and tact in order to adequately support the performance of the President & CEO of the organization. The ability to interact with staff and volunteers (at all levels) in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality is crucial to this role. Expert level written and verbal communication skills, strong decision-making ability, and attention to detail are equally important.
As Board Liaison, this role coordinates many tasks pertaining to the Board of Directors meetings and requests. This role answers the main line incoming calls for the San Antonio Hispanic Chamber of Commerce. Under minimum supervision, serves members by planning, organizing, implementing, and evaluating communications and information programs; manage new member data input into ChamberMaster CRM; ensure customer service excellence; increase member communication and customer loyalty; manage daily inter-office operations with an open line of communication and hospitality.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Arrives to office promptly at 7:50am to be ready for office business hours (8am) and closing office phone lines no earlier than 5:00 p.m.
- A wide variety of executive secretarial and administrative duties as required by daily operations in the office of the President &
- Serves as primary liaison to the Board of Directors on behalf of the President & CEO. Responsible for scheduling Board of Directors meetings, coordinating materials including board reports and drafting Board agendas, communicating assignments to key staff, and handling logistics (audio visual requirements, location directions, etc.), assigning calls to Board members and maintaining updated roster
- Responsible for appearance of the lobby and conference rooms
- Serves as liaison for the Chair of the Board of Directors and helps coordinate requests for meetings, appearances, and scheduling for Hispanic Chamber events.
- Represent the Hispanic Chamber to the volunteers of the organization, including the Board of Directors, the public, the business community, elected officials and others at the request of the President & CEO.
- Review and summarize miscellaneous reports and documents; and prepare background documents as
- Receive and distribute incoming mail; review and evaluate mail to identify those items requiring priority attention of the President &
- Assists with coordinating event participation for Chairman, Chairman-elect, or President & CEO.
- Follow through in an expeditious manner on tasks assigned by the President & CEO and provide status
- Receive and screen communications to the President & CEO including telephone calls and e- mail messages (when requested), and provide assistance using independent judgment to determine those requiring priority attention; prioritize, channel, and facilitate communication from department
- Independently draft response letters and general correspondence of a routine
- Make travel arrangements for the President & CEO, and when assigned other members of the Board and Staff; maintain appointment schedules and calendars for various trips; and arrange meetings and conferences.
- Special projects include, but not limited to: research as assigned, assisting with spreadsheets, delivering or picking up items offsite, and serving on various internal committees.
- Attend and assist in SAHCC functions/events as requested, including before/after normal office hours as necessary.
- Assists the SAHCC membership and potential members with any questions they may have on any program, event or service the Hispanic Chamber provides; Must learn all department programs in order to better inform Hispanic Chamber members;
- Assists with various staff events, i.e. coordinating birthdays/anniversaries, holiday functions, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
High school diploma/GED
Equivalent to completion of two years of college- level coursework in business or a field related to the work above OR three years of office administration, supervisory or lead experience in the area of assignment; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job as listed above.
If interested, please apply to Brandon Petrosky, CFO via email at BrandonP@sahcc.org.