Position: VP of Communications and Brand Strategy
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
This energetic, creative, and self-directed professional develops, implements, and supervises all communications strategies to help support the San Antonio Hispanic Chamber of Commerce (SAHCC) goals. The VP of Communications and Brand Strategy will lead and manage the external and internal communications strategy and implementation. Reporting into the CEO, this person will be responsible for developing and implementing a visionary strategy to help drive brand awareness and media presence with the goal of delivering SAHCC’s necessary services to more people. This will include public relations, marketing, brand awareness and will leverage digital media, TV and physical media. The VP of Communications and Brand Strategy will be a strategic thinker with excellent written and oral communication skills who can manage relationships and drive resources to SAHCC. This role will work closely with SAHCC Advocates, the political/advocacy arm of SAHCC. This role will manage one FTE (focused on digital media).
Main accountabilities & responsibilities to include but not limited to:
SUPPORT MEDIA AND PUBLIC RELATIONS
- Coordinates, edits, and publishes all Chamber publications including the weekly newsletters Chamber News, Member News, Bravo, and if necessary quarterly newsletters, action alerts, blog posts, the annual report, and the Membership Directory
- Writes news releases and ensures distribution and proper coverage from media outlets
- Coordinates all Chamber news conferences and other public relations activities; works with media and pitches those stories on SAHCC events, etc.
- Coordinates photography for all Chamber functions
- Maintains all photography files- download and upload all files, board photo files, and Chamber historical files and archives with the archival department
- Assists with Board presentations and delivers slide presentations of program and event pictures at every Board meeting
- Establishes and maintains Public Relations guidelines and PR training programs for board members, staff, and members
- Develops media contact list and cultivate relationships with reporters; generates media placement; and proactively and consistently work the national, state, and local press to brand and promote SAHCC events, membership, and programs
- Coordinates media interviews for Chairman and President & CEO
SUPPORT EXTERNAL COMMUNICATIONS AND PROMOTIONS
- Schedules and sends daily e-blasts promoting various events and programs
- Places media buys for ads for special events and programs
- Responsible for distribution of all collateral materials for any and all events
- Attends and assists with planning and promoting of special events and handles all the signage and printed materials
- Responsible for keeping adequate supply for various external communications, all membership marketing materials and correspondences i.e., letterheads, envelopes, thank you cards, FYI cards, note pads, member plaques, corporate member plaques, Fiesta medals, gifts, SAHCC folders, pens, and gift bags
DEVELOP AND MANAGE BUDGET FOR THE COMMUNICATIONS DEPARTMENT
- Ensure annual spending at or under budget.
- Work to leverage pro-bono assets where available.
SUPPORT INTERNAL COMMUNICATIONS
- Lead crisis communications
- Oversee intranet.
- Manage CEO and DEPARTMENT HEAD communications, including speech writing and talking points.
- Implement communications strategy plan.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and implement communications strategy inclusive of marketing, branding and PR with elements of digital media, TV and physical media (working with both staff and contract workers at PPPSGV).
- Analyze current media trends and set bold goals for brand awareness, website traffic, app use and more.
- Manage and oversee website and CMS.
- Build and manage relationships with key reporters, media outlets, partners and organizations that will drive awareness to PPPSGV and support communication’s efforts
- Build brand awareness for PPPSGV across stakeholders (potential patients, potential donors, potential volunteers, potential board members and potential staff).
- Facilitates and leads Communications/Social Media monthly committee meetings
- Conducts daily reviews of news sites and blogs for coverage pertaining to SAHCC and maintains newspaper clipping files in an orderly manner
- Prospects research for support (both monetary and in-kind) from foundations and corporatio
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- A bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism or related field or equivalent corporate or non-profit communications experience in a professional capacity.
- Experience pitching media stories, working with press and ability to write for all audiences-media, online, field, legislators and general public.
- Knowledge of social media trends, utility and capacity
- Ability to set priorities and work both independently and as part of a team
- Flexible and open to change
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong computer skills, including word processing, database management, and working knowledge of Adobe Software, including InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Deep knowledge of digital and non-traditional media required
- Bilingual is preferred
Interested candidate please submit resume to Brandon Petrosky at BrandonP@sahcc.org