Reports to Chief Operations Officer
Location: Austin, Texas
Communities In Schools of Central Texas is seeking a Sr. Director of Accounting and Finance to oversee the accounting functions and financial operations for Communities In Schools of Central Texas. Working together with the Chief Operations Officer, the Sr. Director of Accounting and Finance develops and implements financial strategies across the organization and ensures the integrity and accuracy of the financial information.
The Sr. Director of Accounting and Finance has functional responsibility over accounting activities including accounts payable, accounts receivable, billing, payroll, and grants administration and ensures the organization has the systems and procedures in place to support effective program implementation, receive audits with an unqualified opinion, and funder monitoring with no disallowed costs or chargebacks.
The Sr. Director of Accounting and Finance will partner with executive staff including the Chief Development Officer, Chief Human Resources Officer and Director of Information Technology to facilitate the appropriate integration of the finance, development, HR, and IT functions. The Sr. Director of Accounting and Finance also works closely with program leaders to explore how the finance function can support program operations.
- Collaborate with program leadership for the purpose of building partnerships as well as implementing and maintaining services and/or programs
- Develop and implement an overall partnership strategy which aligns with the agency’s priorities and growth strategies
- Translate partnership strategy into actionable programs with existing or new partners
- Develop and maintain a pipeline of strategic partnerships across all areas of the agency as well as new growth areas
- Manage new partner agreements, from negotiating scope to supporting execution of agreement/contracts
- Develop, implement, and maintain operational policies and procedures that facilitate partnership development and retention
- Achieve alignment across functional organizations that are cultivating potential partnership opportunities
- Develop an agency-level partnership prioritization framework
- Measure and evaluate individual partnerships and the collective impact of cross agency partnerships
- Collaborate with others (e.g. direct service staff, agency leaders, community organizations, business community etc.) for the purpose of building partnerships, as well as implementing and maintaining services and/or programs
- Lead the Program Support Services Department by developing and meeting performance measures through supervision, strategic leadership and operationalizing organizational systems
- Report to agency executives and Board of Directors on partnership strategy and status
- Participate in the CIS team approach to problem solving
- Promote and maintain agency culture, standards, and systems
- Perform related duties as assigned by the Chief Operations Officer
Required Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- Minimum of five (5) years of demonstrated experience in accounting and financial management
- Certification as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Preferred Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
- Experience in nonprofit accounting including fund and grant accounting, compliance and reporting
- Experience in a senior financial management role partnering with executive staff resulting in the development and implementation of policies and procedures
- Experience with AmeriCorps grant management
- Team-oriented with a desire to support the organization’s strategic initiatives
- Proven record of delivering on generally accepted accounting principles and practices, particularly nonprofit revenue recognition rules
- Proof of producing clean audits in prior accounting positions
- Technologically savvy and proficient with accounting software
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in implementing efficient financial systems
- Demonstrated leadership ability, team management and interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical and abstract reasoning skills
- Excellent communication and data presentation skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Experience managing multiple projects and relationships while meeting critical deadlines
Salary Range: $5,935/mo. to $6,650/mo. depending on qualifications, experience and skills.
Please visit www.ciscentraltexas.org and click “Get Involved” to learn more about the Sr. Director of Accounting and Finance position and other opportunities as a Communities in Schools of Central Texas team member. CIS accepts online applications only.
Applications for this position will be accepted until the position is filled.