Supply Chain Manager with Oversea DeWied International
This position is responsible for demand planning, purchasing, inventory management and production planning of artificial casings at Oversea Dewied International (ODI). It will be based in the San Antonio, Texas location with responsibilities for artificial casings in all North American production and warehouse locations. This key role will require strong demand planning skills in order to maintain sufficient inventories of product for just-in-time delivery to customers of routine products while keeping stock at a manageable level within warehouse constraints.
• Demand planning of all artificial casings including Cellulose, Fibrous, Plastic and Collagen casing. This will be based on individual item sales history and sales forecasts.
• Purchasing of artificial casings from multiple suppliers based on demand planning and inventory requirements of each product.
• Inventory management and warehouse logistics (transfers) of all artificial casings for multiple warehouse locations. This includes maintaining inventories in the proper warehouse location near customers to minimize shipping/transfer costs.
• Drop ship order placement and tracing.
• Goods receipt of supplier purchase orders when products arrive at the warehouse.
• Releases from satellite warehouses to customers or to other ODI warehouses as required.
• Reporting of past due (aged) inventory to the Management and Sales teams.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college.
• 5 years of demand planning and inventory management experience.
• Experience with production planning.
• SAP experience (Business 1 or another version) strongly preferred.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel (advanced skills) and Outlook.
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred, but not required.
To be successful in this position, the individual must successfully demonstrate the following competencies:
• Strong negotiating skills.
• Building trust.
• Maintain a positive and collaborative attitude with co-workers.
• Build and maintain a strong relationship with the Sales team.
• Follow-up with suppliers and internal teams.
• Time management and task management skills.
• Adaptability and ability to offer solutions to issues rather than just report them.
• Foster open, honest communication in a professional manner.