Vice President of Programs for Catholic Charities
Catholic Charities, Archdiocese of San Antonio, Inc.
Vice President of Programs
Position Title: Vice President of Programs
Reports to: CEO/President
Status: Full Time/Salary, with benefits
Direct and manage all aspects of program operations for Catholic Charities, under the guidance of the CEO. This position is responsible for the effective planning, directing and coordination of all functions within the agencies functional programs, which includes; Oversight of the program operations and day-to-day leadership, execution and implementation of programmatic related functions, strategic and operational oversight for all program areas. Responsible for operations, public image of agency, financial planning, management of agency, fund development and expansions of both existing and new programs.
1. Acts as the oversight body of 40+ programs within the Catholic Charities Program Operations.
2. Ensures the financial state of each of the programs and advises on funding diversification in collaboration with program Directors.
3. Represents Catholic Charities and promotes agency programs and services in the community and within the Archdiocese of San Antonio and with Catholic Charities statewide network.
4. Implement programs to fulfill and support Catholic Charities mission of selfless service.
5. Oversee the hiring and supervision of program directors/staff.
6. Able to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines and goals.
7. Train and supervise program directors as needed.
8. Oversee the preparation of budgets, monitor financial performance, and oversee all financial management functions.
9. Ensure overall programmatic performance and excellence following all mandates and policies of the agency and our funders.
10. Work with staff to develop and maintain consistent, high-quality program delivery.
11. Work collaboratively both internally and externally to integrate cross-program functions.
12. Work closely with the CEO and Vice President of Administration on strategic planning and policy.
13. Work on special projects as assigned by the CEO.
14. Attends meetings representing the agency, to include presentations.
15. May represent Catholic Charities on community steering committees, or other public related issues.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements–
1. Advanced analytical and communication skills, including public speaking.
2. Excellent organizational and planning ability necessary.
3. Excellent interpersonal skills.
4. Ability to lead and motivate a senior management team.
5. Able to assess and recognize needs of both assigned programs and the agency.
6. Ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people.
7. Ability to manage competing demands and set priorities.
8. Ability to compile and communicate accurate reporting information, including metrics.
9. Solid judgment and apparent leadership skills.
10. Successful grant management experience.
11. Demonstrated experience in social service program management and development.
12. Must have own reliable transportation, current vehicle liability insurance and clean driving record and ability to pass other required background checks.
13. Technology proficient including Microsoft Office programs
Education and Experience Requirements–
1. Bachelor in Business or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
2. Five to seven years of strategic planning and management experience at an executive level, preferably non-profit
3. Knowledge of client conditions and needs preferred.
4. Prior experience as Executive in a nonprofit agency preferred.
1. Stand or walk 50% or more of the workday.
2. May bend, twist, lift, and stoop during workday.
3. Speaking and hearing essential for communication.
4. May work mostly sedentary at a work station.
5. Ability to work nights and weekends as necessary.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job description or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (e.g., emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, etc.)
***Grant funded positions and salaries are dependent on funding availability. Position can be eliminated at any time because of lack of funding to support this position.***
Please visit our website at www.ccaosa.org to complete the application process.