SAN ANTONIO HISPANIC CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
Position: Vice President of Special Events & Programs
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer and Executive Leadership Team
Lead all special programs and events to promote community and business involvement with the Hispanic Chamber. Develops and supervises special project standard operating procedures; all SAHCC events and program logistics; and manages events and program budgets.
Advises other Hispanic Chamber departments on event and program needs of their activities; on methods of gaining public and membership engagement ; on the preparation of supporting materials and execution of each project.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinates and implements logistics for all Hispanic Chamber special projects, programs, events, retreats, and other assigned projects
- Responsible for coordinating fundraising efforts by seeking corporate sponsorships from local and non-local businesses and agencies
- Works with Communications department to coordinate, edit, and print all Hispanic Chamber special event printed pieces (signage, programs, invitations, announcements), event promotional pieces (press releases, fliers, Web site announcements, etc), and event information distribution (via email, fax, newsletter)
- Attends and supervises all Hispanic Chamber events and programs, as well as additional community events as a representative of the Hispanic Chamber when needed
- Coordinates staffing and volunteers for all events and programs
- Manages budgets, ensures proper actual expenditures and close-out reports for each project
- Establishes and maintains event and program guidelines in negotiations with vendors (catering, audio/visual, musicians, etc.) in the best interest of the Hispanic Chamber
- Prepare monthly reports on the status of each project
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred and/or three to five years of related experience
- Extensive experience in project management and project coordinating
- Spanish-speaking skills highly recommended.
- Strong communication skills, who can effectively manage projects and also work with a variety of external constituencies
- Experience in fundraising and working with corporate sponsors
- Experience in managing financials, budgets, spreadsheets, profit and loss
- Excellent skills in logistics and/or organizing complex efforts
- Demonstrated history of team building, leadership, and administrative skills
- Experience in developing and administering departmental budgets.
SALARY: Pay and benefits commensurate with qualifications
Send resumes: Attention to Brandon Petrosky at BrandonP@sahcc.org