Bexar County Judge Nelson W. Wolff and the Bexar County Commissioners Court unveiled a commemorative plaque marking the 20th anniversary of the signing of NAFTA in San Antonio.
The event and plaque unveiling was on Monday, October 8, in the courtyard of the Marriott Plaza Hotel at 555 S. Alamo Street.
The San Antonio Hispanic Chamber of Commerce was represented by Alex Briseño, 2013 Chairman of the Board, Jesse Hereford, Chair of the Government Affairs Committee & Executive Board member, and Ramiro Cavazos, President & CEO, which attended this important celebration along with José María González, Director of International Business.
Other distinguished guests in attendance were:
- Tom Frost, Senior Chairman, Cullen/Frost Bankers, Inc.
- David L. Smith, Bexar County Manager
- David E. Marquez, Executive Director, Economic Development, Bexar County
- Thomas Guevara, Chief of Staff – Office of the County Manager, Bexar County
- Eduardo Bravo, Chairman, Asociación de Empresarios Mexicanos
- Gerónimo Gutiérrez Fernández, Managing Director, NADBank
- Jody Hall, Director of Global Sourcing, H-E-B
- Jennifer T. Martinez, Strategic Initiatives Manager, Economic Development at Bexar County
- Henry Sauvignet, Director of Administration, North American Development Bank
- Pooja Tripathi, Strategic Initiatives Analyst, Bexar County Economic Development Department
Visit http://www.nafta20.com for information regarding the NAFTA20 Summit happening November 15-16, 2012.