The health and safety of our Hispanic Chamber Members is our priority. A healthy workforce is essential for all businesses whether large or small. There are no confirmed community cases in Bexar County or the City of San Antonio. Local government and health officials have informed us the risk of infection remains low and we encourage members to continue their Spring Break plans and supporting our local businesses.
The best way to prevent infection is to take precautions to avoid exposure to COVID-19, which are similar to the precautions you take to avoid the flu. The Center for Disease Control (CDC) always recommends these everyday actions to help prevent the spread of any respiratory viruses.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
For more information on how to best protect your business, visit the Center for Disease Control (CDC) link. We will continue to monitor and seek guidance from the CDC and health officials and we will update you as information becomes available.