For more than 85 years, The San Antonio Hispanic Chamber of Commerce has been a champion of Hispanic businesses and the development of procurement opportunities for small, minority, women-owned and local businesses. On June 11, for the second year in a row, the Hispanic Chamber recognized San Antonio firms for their initiatives embedded in their procurement practices during their Business Opportunity Diversity Awards (BODA) reception, held at the Freeman Expo Hall in conjunction with the 5th Annual Max Navarro Small Business Summit.
The BODA awards are designated by an application which requires organizations to disclose their overall procurement opportunity in a dollar amount for their most recent fiscal year’s budget. Additionally, applicants are asked to share in dollars and percentages how much procurement their respective entity did in the categories of construction, professional services, and overall procurement in the following areas, Small Business, Women-Owned Business, Local Business, Minority-Owned Business (Hispanic, African American, Asian). Public and corporate entities are reviewed and all designations are awarded by our BODA Committee.
“We extend our congratulations to all of our 2014 BODA Award recipients and continuously welcome other public and corporate entities to not only participate in this awards application but become catalysts in these procurement practices to better accelerate SWMBEs locally, statewide, nationally, and internationally,” said Ramiro Cavazos, President & CEO of the Hispanic Chamber.
The 2014 Hispanic Chamber BODA Awards recipients:
– University Health System, Utilization Award for Most SWMBEs Used
– San Antonio Water System, Use of Most Women Owned Businesses
– VIA Metropolitan Transit, Use of Most Local Owned Businesses
– CPS Energy, Use of Most Minority Owned Businesses
– City of San Antonio, Use of Most Minority Owned Businesses
– San Antonio Housing Authority, Diversity Outreach Award
– Humana, Inc., Utilization Award for Most SWMBEs Used
– Hyatt Hotels of San Antonio, Use of Most Women Owned Businesses
– Avanzar Interior Technologies, Use of Most Minority Owned Businesses
– Nationwide Mutual Insurance Co., Diversity Outreach Award
As the San Antonio Hispanic Chamber of Commerce continues to evolve its mission, advocacy in this area is critical to the economic growth and prosperity of the Hispanic business and entrepreneurial communities. For more information, visit sahcc.org or call 210-225-0462.