Leadership is not Cancelled, 2020 Alexander Briseño Leadership
Development Program Class Announced
Celebrating over 20 years and inspired by a true San Antonio Icon, the Alexander Briseño Leadership Development Program (ABLDP) announces its class of 2020. The San Antonio Hispanic Chamber of Commerce (SAHCC) has selected 31 business professionals take part in this year’s ABLDP program.
The leadership program has inspired and graduated many leaders in our community and has been successful in creating impactful community initiatives such as the annual VIA GoCodeSA Codeathon, ReadySAGo! Transit on Tap brewery event series, and the RAICES Court Observer Program in partnership with St. Mary’s University, to name a few.
Our participants will be immersed in educational sessions that address topics that spark an interest in becoming a change-agent in San Antonio. Topics include strategic planning leading and managing change; building great teams; improving quality both operationally and culturally; and creating and sustaining professional and organizational results. In addition to developing individual and organizational leadership acumen, the program serves as a social innovation accelerator to foster social and economic impact action teams.
“Leadership is not cancelled at the San Antonio Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, we welcome this group of emerging leaders to the Alexander Briseño Leadership Development Program,” said the Hispanic Chamber’s Interim President & CEO MajGen (USMC Ret) Juan G. Ayala “During these unprecedented times, we look forward to seeing the participants create a positive and meaningful impact in our community through their team projects while recommending tangible solutions to challenges through civic leadership and social innovation.”
Named after Mr. Alexander Briseño, retired San Antonio City Manager, distinguished Professor of Public Service in Residence at St. Mary’s University and Hispanic Chamber 2013 Chairman of the Board, this year’s program will provide participants with a unique opportunity to learn from our community and business leaders who will share their personal experiences, achievements and challenges that they encounter as leaders in both the public and private sectors.
“We are thrilled to have such an exceptional group of future leaders as part of this year’s program,” said Dr. Erika Gonzalez, Chairwoman of the Board of the San Antonio Hispanic Chamber of Commerce. Now, more than ever, we recognize the need for action-oriented leadership and look forward to cultivating leaders that will lead our community with innovation and compassion.”
This year’s Steering Committee comprised of 14 ABLDP alumni led by tri-chairs Santiago Jaramillo of VIA Metropolitan Transit, Maria Nelson of RS&H, Inc., and Jason Rodriguez of HNTB Corporation.
The Hispanic Chamber congratulates the following 31 individuals who were selected to participate in this year’s highly competitive program:
- Jennifer Adamo, Trinity University
- Lori Alvarez, Nationwide
- Robert Arzola, JLL
- Ibissa Azcona, USAA
- Kristin Baer, Defense Language Institute English Language Center
- Jennifer Brooklyn, The RK Group
- Jose Cordova, CPS Energy
- Osvaldo Crespo III, Trinity University
- Maricela Diaz-Wells, VIA Metropolitan Transit
- Cassian Flores, Generations Federal Credit Union
- Georgina Garcia, City of San Antonio
- Angela Gonzales, USAA
- Jasmine Grant, Schulman, Lopez, Hoffer & Adelstein, LLP
- Ramiro Guerrero, USAA
- Larnzell Harper, VIA Metropolitan Transit
- Dirce Hernandez, USAA
- Norbert Geremy Landin, STAAMP Allergy
- Melissa Lopez, CPS Energy
- George McCauley, CPS Energy
- Rachel McCubbin Roberts, The IMG Studio
- Daniel Mendez, San Antonio Water System
- Aaron Mireles, USAA
- Tiffany Price, dwg.
- Kristal Rios, Nationwide
- Roxy Rios, Division Laundry & Cleaners
- Heriberto Rodriguez, CAST Schools Network
- Melanie Tawil, SwipeTrack Solutions, LLC
- Hilaria Tellez, USAA
- Maria Torrez, Nationwide
- Lynnnette Villarreal, UT Health of San Antonio
- Suzanne Westrum, San Antonio Board of Realtors
A special thanks you to the 2020 ABLDP Steering Committee:
Steering Committee Tri-Chairs:
- Santiago Jaramillo, VIA Metropolitan Transit
- Maria Nelson, RS&H, Inc.
- Jason Rodriguez, HNTB Corporation
Steering Committee Members:
- Brittany Alonzo, USAA
- Rachel Brehm, dwg.
- Simon Castillo, CPS Energy
- James Chandler, The IMG Studio
- Delia Covo, Teach for America/Edible San Antonio
- Jennilee Garza, The University of Texas at San Antonio
- Gladys Hernandez, Leadership SAISD
- Karen Ivy, Texas A&M University-San Antonio
- Stacy Jones, Centro San Antonio
- Jessica Leal, CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Health System
- Matthew Loaiza, San Antonio Public Library
- Christopher Mammen
- Terry Rawe, Nationwide
- Marissa Rodriguez, Incarnate Word High School
- Winslow Swart, One Million Dreams