Leadership San Antonio is the premiere leadership program in the state of Texas now having served for 44 years. LSA is a calendar year program that runs from January thru October. Application forms are typically released by the chambers in the late Summer and are due in October, with interview and selection occurring in November.
LSA was created in 1975 by the San Antonio Chamber of Commerce to help identify community leaders and is now considered the premier program for existing and emerging leaders in the Bexar County area.
The program, one of the first of its kind in Texas, has graduated more than 1900 participants and focuses on delivering these leaders an opportunity to develop an understanding of the promise and challenges of our community.
In 1992, The San Antonio Hispanic Chamber helped co-host the program and subsequently enhanced the involvement and diversity of future classes.
For 44 years, LSA has provided a forum in which leaders with diverse backgrounds, values and points of view come together in a neutral setting, examine the nature and inner workings of San Antonio, and discuss the issues, challenges and problems facing our community.
LSA does not attempt to create a consensus of opinions or promote any specific issue or project; the program seeks to open lines of communication and thought among participants in order to foster a network of alumni with a similar body of experience and greater sense of community.
Through the LSA process, participants gain insight from present and future decision-makers in both the public and private sectors and are better prepared to lead San Antonio into the future by using their broader understanding of our diverse community.
LSA class participants are selected from all segments of the community and must have demonstrated leadership and held responsible positions in their chose profession.
LSA seeks people dedicated to serving their community and applicants must show a sincere commitment and desire to increasing their level of service by assuming key leadership positions.
In its 44-year history, LSA’s primary goal remains the same – to help mold sensitive, responsible and committed leaders and thereby ensure a prosperous future for San Antonio.
LSA Application Criteria
LSA seeks individuals dedicated to serving their community. Participants of the program will be given the opportunity to develop an understanding of the opportunities and challenges facing the San Antonio area. LSA is limited to approximately 50 participants annually. Acceptance into the program is based on a subjective assessment of the information each applicant provides in this application. The LSA Selection Committee is comprised of LSA alumni. Because there are typically more applicants than class slots, applicants who are not accepted are encouraged to reapply.
- Show evidence of a sincere interest in and commitment to improving the community
- Have the desire to increase their service to the community through holding key leadership positions
- Present a clear vision for the development and growth of San Antonio
- Have lived in and/or worked in the San Antonio area for at least one year at the time of the application
- Be a member (in good standing) of at least one of the sponsoring Chambers of Commerce before and throughout the entire LSA year. Membership in both chambers is encouraged.
- Persons related by marriage cannot apply for the same class year
- Applicants must submit a $50 non-refundable application fee due with their application
- Class members accepted into LSA must submit a $2,250 non-refundable tuition fee.
Visit https://www.leadershipsa.org/how-to-apply/ for more details!