The San Antonio Hispanic Chamber of Commerce honored five dynamic, local business leaders at its 2011 Business Awards Dinner held Thursday, July 21, 2011 at the Omni Colonnade.
Honoring the accomplishments of individuals who are at the forefront of their industries, this year’s recipients included:
- Lifetime Achievement honoree -Kit Goldsbury, Philanthropist and CEO of Silver Ventures;
- Corporate Executive of the Year honoree – Graham Weston, Rackspace Chairman and CEO of Weston Properties;
- Business Owner of the Year — Chef Johnny Hernandez, Owner of True Flavors Catering and La Gloria Icehouse;
- Star of the Year — Sonya Medina Williams, VP of Community and External Affairs for Silver Eagle Distributors;
- Community Service Award — Dr. Ana Margarita “Cha” Guzman, President of Palo Alto College.
“This year’s caliber of honorees are being recognized for their influence, community involvement, and professional achievements. Altogether, as leaders in all facets of their lives, both professionally and philanthropically, the accomplishments of these individuals are truly inspiring and exemplify excellence in their respective fields, said Ramiro Cavazos, SAHCC President & CEO. “We congratulate all of the honorees, and we look forward to honoring them at this year’s Business Awards Dinner.”